Terms & Conditions
Condition of Hire:
1. During the continuance of the hiring, the hirer shall be liable to the owner to the extent of the full retail price, against loss of or damage to the garments which are the subject of this agreement or any part thereof from whatever cause arising, whether or not such loss or damage results from the negligence of the hirer.
2. The use of robes is restricted to the person named in the contract.
3. The company reserves the right to charge (in addition to the hire charge) the full retail price for garments not returned, or damaged whilst in the possession of the bearer.
4. Robes must not be taken out of the country and should be returned after the ceremony.
5. Should you require to keep your robes after the ceremony, you must notify our staff when you collect them.
How to Collect and Return your set of Robes:
Your set of robes will be prepared for you by our staff in respect of the information you will e-mail to us. Your robes will be available prior to the ceremony in the robing room set aside by the College/University.
An automated e-mail acknowledgment will be returned to you. This e-mail constitutes a proof of your booking and payment to PHELAN CONAN LIMITED. It will also show the reference number that would have been allocated to the robes prepared for you.
This e-mail will be needed for the collection of your robes. Make sure you will have it with you.
Attached to your robes, will be a label with your name, faculty and reference number. This label will be needed to register the return of your robes after the ceremony. Should you require to keep your robes after the ceremony, you must notify our staff when you collect them.
A selection of hat sizes will be available when you collect your robes.
Special Needs Student:
If you feel you may need a special gown (extra large, extra small, wheelchair users…) please enclose a separate letter with your order form and we will do our best to meet your requirements.
Any request for refunds for non-attendance must be received by us within 5 working days of your ceremony. No refunds will be given after this time. This request is to be in writing to email@example.com or to Phelan Conan Ltd, 44 Fashion City, Ballymount, Dublin 24 and should include your reference number. All refunds are subject to a €5 cancellation charge.